Saturday, November 27, 2021

Rivermaya Noon at Ngayon the Spotify Playlist!

Recently, I decided to explore Spotify because I just uploaded my own band Thoughts And Notions' songs to its digital music streaming app. I was scouring Spotify for songs/albums that I still don't own in CD format and came up with an idea. How about creating a playlist devoted to various songs of my all-time favorite band Rivermaya, plus all of the solo efforts or other albums done by former members of the band prior and post Rivermaya. Which is also actually the idea why this blog exists. While other Rivermaya fans are pushing and pleading for a reunion concert. I would rather have a concert that features everyone that had been a part of Rivermaya and Rivermaya itself. Together sharing the stage with their respective bands. Probably jam with each other in some songs, specially in a song that a certain line up is most recognized with. I think that is the dream Rivermaya concert that I would want to watch. That's one concert that could really make a very worthwhile show.... so much BIGGER than an Eraserheads reunion concert (Rivermaya > Eraserheads, so sue me LOL). I've been a huge fan of Rivermaya since from their initial inception. I've followed their careers from Bamboo to Nathan's return with the band. And I definitely see them more than just a band. You see, I always treated everyone that had been a part of Rivermaya as forever a part of one big Rivermaya Family. Bits and pieces of their artistry and talent, once shared with Rivermaya, but forever immortalized in the songs that they built together. Then further explored in their solo careers or other bands. There's such a beauty about it if you come to think of it. How this varied musical talents are explored in various musical endeavors with or without Rivermaya. And like I've said before, since I've been following everyone that has been a part of Rivermaya. I decided to come up with this blog to chronicle their respective careers. And as an extension, I'm giving you a glimpse of what these guys were able to do with their respective careers. Thus, I decided to come up with a playlist, a soundtrack if you will. Composed of one song  (all that I could find on Spotify) per artist/band and album. It's a sampler. I can't possibly come up with a playlist that composes all of the songs in their discography. There's just too many of them. But with this sampler, it can lead you to discovering them yourself. So that said, let's make a roll call shall we. Of the names of all the artists that were once a part of Rivermaya (and where they are now) and the artists with Rivermaya as it is currently composed now. And as an added treat, allow me the opportunity to share my Rivermaya Family CD collections as well. I might have missed out some CDs. Please let me know what those are so that I can hunt for them.


The RIVERMAYA FAMILY

Bamboo Manalac (1994-1998 Lead Vocals) - Rivermaya, Bamboo (the Band), Bamboo (solo)


Rico Blanco (1994-2007 Lead Vocals/Guitars/Keyboards/Synths) - Rivermaya, Rico Blanco (solo) )(still hoping to get that Asian Released Your Universe album and the Kahit walang aminin repackaged CD. Missing it was a bummer)



Perf de Castro (1994-1995 Lead Guitars) - Rivermaya, Triaxis/Solo (I don't have the Triaxis CD)


Nathan Azarcon (1994-2001, 2016-Present Backing Vocals/Bass Guitars) - Rivermaya, Bamboo, Kapatid (2 CDs are with my Bro, hence no pic), Hijo



Mark Escueta(1994-Present Drums/Guitars/Backing Vocals) - Rivermaya (I included the singles and the best ofs CDs under Mark since he is the longest serving Rivermaya member)




Mike Elgar (2001-Present Lead guitars/keyboards/backing vocals) - 7 foot Junior (I don't know if there was an album released), Rivermaya



Japs Sergio (2001-2012 Bass Guitars/Backing Vocals) - Day Dream Cycle, Rivermaya, Japsuki, Peso Movement


Kakoi Legaspi (2001-2004 Guitars) - Rivermaya, and various bands like Barbie's Cradle 


Jayson Fernandez (2007-2011 Lead Vocals/Guitars)- Rivermaya, (Solo)


Norby David (2011-2016 Guitars/Bass/Co-lead Vocals) - Overtone, Rivermaya



Ryan Peralta (2011-2018 Drums/Keyboards) - Ascension, Rivermaya


Key take aways. While people always talks about the "ORIGINAL" Rivermaya, Mike Elgar has served with Rivermaya longer than any other members except for Mark Escueta and Rico Blanco. Japs Sergio is also in the running too. While most Rivermaya fans are loyal to the Bamboo era, personally, the Rico Blanco led Rivermaya line up along with Japs, Mike, and Mark is still my all time favorite iteration of the band. This is mainly because I am a huge fan of singer/songwriters as they can express their songs so much better than having it interpret by a vocalist. So anyway, I'm attaching the Spotify playlist below. Hope you could save and add them to you Spotify account. Also please indulge me as I include one song of ours on the playlist. Just to sample one of our songs. The heavily Rivermaya influenced track that I wrote with my band :)

P.S. I also included in the playlist some songs that I don't have in CD, like Nathan's Kapatid songs and Japs' Pinoy Pop album not released in CD format. 

No comments:

Post a Comment